weight ticker

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TTC Cycle day 1

After two and a half years of marriage and four and a half years of being together my husband is FINALLY ready to work on adding another person in our family. I couldn't be more excited!

To prepare for such an event I have been taking folic acid (as prescribed by my family doctor), charting my morning temperatures to see when I ovulate, and trying to get my eating habits under control. For the past three months these are the things I have learnt with regards to my cycle. I have a pretty average 28 day cycle. However, I do NOT ovulate on cycle day 14. It turns out that it's a few days after that....more like cycle day 18-20.

I have also purchased a sperm friendly lubricant called preseed which we will use in a couple of weeks time. I'm really hoping that our journey to getting pregnant is a short one. But I realize these things can take awhile.

Last weekend my husband and I went away for the weekend to Victoria for part 1 of our "babymoon". A babymoon kind of like a honeymoon but it's a vacation you take before the baby comes as opposed to a honeymoon which you go away after the wedding. It is to celebrate the last vacation together just as a couple. Part 2 of our babymoon will come in the final days of my pregnancy.

I plan on updating throughout my cycles as a way to look back, kind of like an online pregnancy journal.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them(so long as they are not super personal).

No comments:

Post a Comment