weight ticker

Thursday, December 2, 2010

TTC Cycle day 17

So a few days ago I went to my follow up Doctor's appointment to get the results from a bunch of tests I've had done over the past couple of months. Unfortunately, it looks as though I have endometriosis information about it found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis . So my Doctor informed me that I have three options. The first one would be where I would go on birth control as the hormones that I would be feeding my body would stop my period altogether, thus equalling no more pain - no more endo. For obvious reasons I did not want to do this. I mean we are trying to have a baby here. The second option is to have surgery to remove the endo. It's a non-invasive day procedure where she would make a couple of incisions on my lower abdomen and laser off the cysts and whatnot. The third option would be to get pregnant. She (my dr.) said her wait times for surgery right now are a year long wait. However, she thinks that I have a severe case of endo so she has put me on her priority/cancellation list. I will be called with a surgery date within the next three months. So what does this mean? Well I have three months to get pregnant. YIKES. I am trying not to stress out over it. But I know these things can take time. It's hard not to constantly think of it, when I already wanted to get pregnant for so long already let alone having to accomplish it in a controlled time frame. The good news is at least I don't have to be in pain for another full year (if we don't get pregnant before then) and that my other test results came back with flying colours. My dr. is encouraged that it is possible to achieve the pregnancy before having to go ahead with surgery. So keep your fingers crossed for us.

By looking at my fertility chart, I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time I'll have a really great update to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment